IoT Data Connect 101: Set up your account and first devices
Complete this lab to log in to IoT Data Connect, claim your gateway(s) and associate an asset with the gateway.
Completion Time: 30 minutes
- Activate your user account
- Connect a gateway to the IoT Data Connect platform
- Connect an asset to the gateway
- A Chrome web browser installed on your computer.
- A Cisco IR809 or IR829 gateway. Write down the serial number, which is required to complete this lab.
- An asset (such as a Raspberry Pi) connected to the gateway. The asset must send data using the MQTT protocol. See IoT Data Connect 201: Build a sample asset for instructions.
- A network that supports DHCP and has connection to Internet. The network must also allow VPN IKE2 (UDP port 500).
- Contact a Cisco IoT Data Connect Product Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- Create your user account.
- Associate the gateway(s) you own with your account.