IoT Data Connect 102: Install a Fog application
Complete this learning lab to install a fog application on your Cisco gateway using the IoT Data Connect portal. This powerful feature allows you to manage and update fog applications on multiple gateways in geographically distributed locations.
Completion Time: 10 minutes
- Upload a fog application to the IoT Data Connect platform.
- Install the fog application on a gateway managed by the IoT Data Connect platform.
- A Cisco IR809 or IR829 gateway (note its serial number to complete these instructions).
- An asset (sending data over the MQTT protocol) connected to the gateway.
- An IoT Data Connect account with the above gateway and asset associated with your organization (if you haven't done this, see IoT Data Connect 101: Set up your account and first devices
- A fog application that meets the IOx requirements.
- To learn how to develop IOx applications, see the IOx Developer Guide
- To practice these installation steps, complete IoT Data Connect 201: Build a sample asset.
Step 1: Upload the fog application to IoT Data Connect
Download your IOx app.
For example, you can download the Raspberry Pi Sense Hat sample app.
Click the Fog Applications tab and then click Add App.
Click Select App Package in the popup window or drag and drop a fog app file from your local drive.
You will see your app added to the list of available applications.