Getting started w/ Fog Director - Deploy Docker Apps to IOx
Completion Time: 15 minutes
- Understand how to deploy your IOx Docker Style applications to multiple IOx instances using Cisco FogDirector
A DevNet account will be necessary for accessing the required resources and Sandbox. If you don't already have an account, you can create one quickly here using this link.
Cisco AnyConnect Client
To access the DevNet Sandbox, you will need to use the Cisco AnyConnect Client for Virtual Private Network (VPN) access to the IOx instance. If you need to install it, you can find it at this link.
Note: If you are working on a DevNet Lab workstation, this software is already installed.
One way to get the application template code is to use git. We have the option to download the code, so this step is optional. If you are working on a DevNet Lab workstation, the git software is already installed. If you need to install it, you can find it at this link.
Note: You can verify the installation of git by opening a command prompt and running:
Step 1 : Overview
Once you have verified the Prerequisites, to complete this lab you will:
- Reserve an IOx Sandbox instance
- Connect to the DevNet Sandbox
- Deploy packaged Docker application to multiple virtual IOx Instances
- Monitor and review the IOx Application on multiple devices
- Test the output of the IOx Applications from multiple endpoints