Learn to build engaging User Experiences with Cisco's Cloud Collaboration platform. These learning labs will take you from zero to creating applications that automate Cisco Spark, behave like interactive assistants or act on behalf of other users. If you prefer not to code, simply take a 3rd party Integration services lab. And don't miss the Tropo modules to start integrating Voice and SMS into your existing applications.
- 5 Modules
- 19 Learning Labs
- 6 Hours
Cisco Spark API 101
- Introduction to Cisco Spark Apps
Overview of Cisco Spark extensibility, covering capabilities, use-cases, and types of Cisco Spark Apps (integrations and bots).
- Creating Spark Rooms, Adding Participants and Posting Messages
Learn how to use the Spark API to create a new persistent chat room, add a participant by email address, and post a new message
- Experiment Cisco Spark Webhooks
Create a Webhook that will subscribe to new messages, and drill into Webhooks events in real-time
- Understanding the OAuth Flow of a Cisco Spark Integration
Learn how to register a new Cisco Spark Integration, and authenticate from a browser-based application
Create Your Own Cisco Spark Apps
- Run a Cisco Spark Bot locally
Launch a nodejs example on your local machine and register it as Cisco Spark Bot.
- Deploy a Cisco Spark Bot
Learn to deploy a nodejs example on Cloud9 and register it at as Cisco Spark Bot.
- Run a Cisco Spark Integration locally
Launch a nodejs example on your local machine and register it as Cisco Spark Integration.
- Deploy a Cisco Spark Integration
Learn to deploy a nodejs example on Heroku, and register it as an Cisco Spark Integration.
Phone Interactions With Tropo
- Introduction to Tropo Development
Create your first Tropo application in 5 minutes, then try some other Tropo concepts
- Provisioning Phone Numbers
Adding a phone number programmatically
- Speaking Multiple Languages with Tropo
Using the Voice parameter to change Tropo's Text to Speech Language
- Beginning SMS
Several SMS auto-responders
- Basic Outbound Dialer with Tropo
Use Tropo to dial a list of numbers from a CSV file
- Transfering and forwarding calls with Tropo
Transfer a Tropo call to a different number
- Conferencing Outbound Calls
Using Conferencing to connect two (or more) outbound calls together